Striking a Delicate Balance between IT and OT Security Priorities
This session will evaluate the differences in security priorities between the data centric world of Information Technology and the cyber physical world of Operational Technology.
There should be an understanding between the different stakeholders within the organisation, reducing friction between formerly disparate departments, and forming a holistic security architecture that addresses all risks.
To be discussed will be:
- KPIs that must be met by both IT and OT stakeholders.
- How IT and OT can work together and manage the differences in perceived risks
- Differences in vulnerability and configuration remediation strategies and bridging gaps.
- Addressing differences in system life cycles that exist between IT and OT
- Address the latest CISA and NIST guidance on ransomware in OT environments
- Leveraging the MITRE ATT&CK for ICS paradigm to create practical defences within the environment
- Converging people, process and technology to ensure that all dimensions of the overall security problem are addressed