ABOUT THIS NOTICE
This Data Protection and Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets forth of how Image Engine Pte Ltd (herein be referred as “IE”, “us”, “we” or “our”) manages information, whether true or not, that can be associated with or which relates to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”). It acts in accordance to the Personal Data under the Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”) and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (Reg. 2016/679) (“GDPR”), and applies to all our services and any associated Services (“Services”).
This Notice applies to Personal Data in our possession or under our control, including Personal Data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process Personal Data for our purposes, and disclosing such Personal Data to the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Notice.
WHO WE ARE
Image Engine Pte Ltd, a company that organises and manage conferences, exhibitions, and trade events (collectively, our “Events”). IE is the organiser of GovWare Focus 2020.
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is Image Engine Pte Ltd.
WHO WE COLLECT DATA FROM
Generally, we may collect Personal data from:
- Sponsors, Exhibitors, Speakers, Delegates, Attendees, Visitors, Invitees to our Events, and of employees, agents and representatives of such Sponsors, Speakers, Delegates, Exhibitors, Attendees and Invitees;
- Service providers and other interest groups (and in the case of companies of their employees, agents and representatives); and
- Users of our websites.
These individuals about whom we collect Personal Data shall herein be referred to as “you” in this Notice. By interacting with us, submitting information to us, enrolling or signing up for any products or services offered by us, you agree and consent to our terms set in this notice.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Generally, we may collect Personal Data from and about you, including without limitation, through:
- Direct Interactions
- When you engage us for and in relation to any of our Services, whether in writing, orally or through our website, and/or attend any of our Events (e.g. registration forms, subscribe to our mailing list, and photographs, videos and/or audio recordings taken by us or our representatives at our Events);
- When you interact with our staff, service providers and other representatives, for example, via telephone calls, letters, fax, face-to-face meetings and emails and/or other any other means including but not limited to WhatsApp, Telegram, WeChat, Skype and SMS; and/or
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason (whether voluntary or otherwise).
- Automated Interactions
- When you interact with us on our websites, we may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. We may employ cookies in order for our server to recognise a return visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor's IP address, and a visitor's click stream information and time stamp (e.g. pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
- We may capture your image and/or footage through CCTV recordings when you participate in our Events or are within our premises.
- Third Parties
- Vendors, business partners, regulatory authorities, your employer or other organisations with whom you have dealings within connection with our Events, including Personal Data in publicly available sources; and/or
- If you are submitting Personal Data of another individual to us, you should ensure that all Personal Data submitted is complete, accurate, true and correct, and all necessary consents are obtained and/or have provided any required notices to these individuals. Alternatively, you may provide Personal Data to us if you have another legal justification to provide us such information so that we can use it for the purposes and on the bases set out in this Notice.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Generally, we will seek to reduce our collection to what is needed to complete relevant function or service. We may collect, use, process, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you when you participate in our Events or engage us for our Services. The information collected includes but not limited to following:
- Name, organisation, job title, job function, business contact information;
- Identification information including photographs, videos and audio recordings;
- Special and dietary requirements, travel arrangements and accommodation requirements;
- Business or employment information;
- Payment information;
- Feedback and/or information relating to the usage of our services and our Events; and
- Any other information you may choose to provide us.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We generally use your Personal Data to:
- to perform our obligations in the course of providing our Services;
- to manage our relationship with you and facilitate the provision of our Services;
- to monitor, analyse and protect our business, including the activities of individuals at our Events;
- to facilitate business operations;
- to facilitate completion of any requests from you;
- to comply with any legal, regulatory or professional obligation; and/or
- to personalise your customer experience, develop our business and/or improve on our Services.
Please note that if you choose not to provide us with your Personal Data or choose not to consent to our processing of your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide some or all of our Services to you or respond to your other requests.
These purposes may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way. In such cases, we may still retain personal data relating to you and use or disclose such information for legal or business purposes, including for compliance with the PDPA, GDPR and/or other applicable laws.
THIRD PARTIES THAT WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
Where and when required, your Personal Data may be shared with third parties in certain circumstances. The third parties include but not limited to:
- Our service providers
We use other companies, agents or contractors to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of our services, we may share your Personal Data the following categories of service provider(s):
- infrastructure and IT service providers, including for email archiving;
- marketing, advertising and communications agencies;
- accounting and corporate services providers;
- contractors, venue providers, transport providers, logistics providers, virtual platform providers, business matching providers;
- hotels, airlines, travel agents; and/or
- security providers.
In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations from regulatory or supervisory authorities (e.g. police, regulators, government agencies or to judicial or administrative authorities). We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where disclosure is both legally permissible and necessary to protect or defend our rights, matters of national security, law enforcement, to enforce our contracts or protect your rights or those of the public.
- Third parties connected with business transfers
We may transfer your personal information to third parties in connection with a reorganisation, restructuring, merger, acquisition or transfer of assets, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal information in a manner consistent with this Notice.
Please note that our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we have no control over how they may use your personal information. You should check the privacy policies of these third-party websites before you submit any personal information to them.
- Protection and Security
We implement appropriate technical and organisation measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful use, disclosure, access, destruction, loss, change or damage. Access to your Personal Data is strictly limited to persons on need to know basis.
However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code (e.g. viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware) will enter our website. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmitted to us via the Internet.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
In the provision of our Services, the Personal Data we collect may be transferred to and processed by third parties in other countries. In all such instances, we shall ensure that the transfer of your Personal Data is carried out in accordance with any applicable laws and that appropriate safeguards (e.g. contractual, technical and organisational measures) are put in place before such transfer takes place.
COOKIES AND WEBSITE
In the event that you wish to disable any cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser. However, please note that the once this function has been disabled, you may still continue to use our website but with limited functionality.
On our website, we may, from time to time, display advertisements from third parties or provide links to third party websites. In these instances, kindly note that we cannot be held responsible or liable for the privacy practices and policies of the third party. Please read the privacy policies of such third parties to find out how they process and collect your Personal Data.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights where applicable:
You may request a copy for of the personal information we are processing about you. For your own privacy and security, at our discretion, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
You may request to update and rectify any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you. To help us ensure accuracy please provide us with updated information where possible.
You may request that we delete personal information that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
You may restrict our processing of your personal information where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
You may request to obtain personal information we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (i) personal information which you have provided to us, and (ii) if we are processing that data with your consent or to perform a contract with you.
You may object to our processing of your Personal data. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Withdrawing Consent. You may withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Data at any time, free of charge. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us. Individuals are given rights in relation to their Personal Data pursuant to the applicable law.
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making
You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect. If we send you electronic marketing messages based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may, at any time, respectively withdraw such consent or declare your objection at no cost. The electronic marketing messages you receive from us will also include an “unsubscribe” option within the message itself to enable you to manage your Personal Data. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving direct marketing materials, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts or information about the Services we are providing to you.
Additionally, you have the right at any time to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority if you are unhappy with the way in which we are using your Personal Data.
In order to enable you to exercise these rights with ease and to record your preferences in relation to how we use your Personal Data, you may manage your privacy preferences at any time by contacting IE at [email protected].
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to change our Data Protection Privacy Notice from time to time. If we decide to change our Notice, we will notify you of these changes as appropriate through various possible channels (e.g. bulletin board in our website, email, “last updated” date at the end of this Notice).
If you have any questions about your privacy, your privacy rights, or how to exercise them, please feel free to contact IE at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within 5 days upon verification of your identity, if applicable.
Last updated on 22 April 2020